If you are using an iPad for routine work, then you might be wanting to print something out. Fortunately, you can print your important documents through current IPad. Apple has its own solution for printing. There’s AirPrint option available in the iPad that works with every printer. If you don’t have iPad Printer Setup option available in iPad, then there are some workarounds for you, by applying them, you can easily get print of your favorite file or folder.
This is supposed to be the best way to print from an iOS device including iPad and iPhone. If a printer supports AirPrint, then you can make use of this option. It is a technology that infringes into the devices and requires no 3rd party driver installation to make your IPad communicate to Printer.
Today, most printers are coming with AirPrint technology. If you want to check whether the printer supports AirPrint or not, you can check out the device name of Apple list. The steps to print webpage, Document or email from iPad, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Connect your IPad and printer to the same wireless network. Search for the document, web page or email you want to print.
- Click ‘Share’ button given at the top of the screen.
- Select ‘Print’.
Apart from AirPrint, there are certain software and cloud-based solutions which you can try in place of AirPrint or if the printer doesn’t support AirPrint. Printopia is among the top of the list that allows you to print over Wi-Fi. You need to install the software in your Mac OS. Spend $99 at Amazon to get this software. Your Mac will use as a middleman that will route the file from iPad to the printer. The best part is that there is no need for any software installation in your Ipad. Just install the Mac OS software and select the printer to share during the setup process.
Besides this, other programs that can perform the same function are available online. You can try the free version of this software for a period of 7 to 15 days. If you want to buy, you need to pay $20.
Transfer it to the cloud
Google Cloud Print is a great alternative for those who use the Google Ecosystem. It will provide you with the option to print from Non-AirPrint printer by sharing via Mac or PC. You can use this option by downloading the Chrome browser in your Mac Computer.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your PC and click on the dotted lines from the top right. Go to ‘Settings’.
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Show advanced settings’.
- Scroll down to check for ‘Google cloud print’. Click ‘Manage’ if you are not logged in to the Google account.
- If your printer doesn’t have a network printer, then connect it directly to the computer and tap on ‘Classic printers’.
- Tap ‘Add printers’, then select the printer you want to add.
- Once done, click ‘Add printer’.
You will get a message ‘Thanks’, you are ready to go.