If you are using your mobile data for accessing different websites and don’t have an internet connection at home, then even you can print your documents by connecting the mobile network to different devices through Hotspot feature. But, what to do if the data network stopped all of sudden when you try to print an important document through your Laptop or computer? There is nothing to worry about. We have a solution to this problem.
You can use your printer even when there is no network coverage. This is possible with the help of ‘AirPrint’ option. The complete process for the same is discussed here as under:
How networking without Network works?
If you have AirPrint Supported printer, then it will definitely support network adapters for wireless network connectivity. But how to connect it to a personal hotspot in case of non-availability of the network? You will be amazed to know that Apple products support Wi-Fi hotspot as well that allows you to print important documents with one click. With the help of DHCP address, you can connect to the Hotspot.
How to connect the printer to the iPad or iPhone via hotspot?
Here are some steps which when you apply on your printer will help in connecting it to the iPhone or iPad without an actual wireless network.
- Open ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wi-fi’ from the menu screen.
- Click to ‘Select the network’.
- Enter the name of the printer in the desired field.
- Click to connect to the network.
After the connection gets established, you will find a Wi-Fi icon on the printer screen. Confirm the same from ‘Wi-Fi’ settings of your phone or iPad as well. Now, your printer is not connected to the actual Wi-Fi network but you can still print through LTE enabled device. You can connect through Faux-enabled connection and through Mobile data.
How to establish a connection between Mac and Printer hotspot?
- Go to ‘System Preferences’ from the upper flag menu of your Apple device.
- Click on ‘Network’.
- Select the printer from the list of network devices.
- The solid black arc will be displayed on the network icon. This is normal and there is nothing to worry. Now, there is no direct network access but you can connect AirPrint and printer through the app running on the printing device.
Where to use this functionality?
If you are at a location where there is no permanent access to the internet or the local network is unavailable, then you can print your important schematics or documents through a mobile data network by connecting it to the printer hotspot. There is no need for wired connection at all. Everything will be done wirelessly through certain network standards.