Are you getting the problem in printing the documents from the printer when trying to connect to the Mac, iPhone or iPad? If yes, then here are some suggestions that you can follow.
The following symptoms or message may get displayed on the screen when you try to print any data through iPad or iOS device:
- You will get a message on the screen that no printers are found at the nearby location.
- You will get a message that the software is unavailable for the device.
- You have some other printing issue related to software on Mac.
To fix this problem, you need to contact the iPad Printer Setup.
If the printer is AirPrint-enabled
If there is Air print option enabled on your printer for printing from Mac or iOS device, then make sure that both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
If you are still having any trouble then,
- Restart Wi-Fi router and your printer.
- Move the printer nearer to the Wi-Fi router.
- Update printer and router with the latest firmware version available online.
- Update Mac or iOS device software.
- If the printer still not prints, then reset the printing system.
If the printer is not AirPrint enabled
If the AirPrint is not enabled from Mac to Printer then:
- Disconnect the cable from Mac.
- Switch off your printer.
- Get updates for your mac. Your mac will automatically download the latest software as part of these updates. It is recommended not to install software from the printer manufacturer.
- Reconnect the printer to the device.
- Turn on the printer and wait till it gets booted.
- Go to ‘Apple menu’ then onto ‘Settings’. Click on ‘Printers and scanners’.
- Select your printer from the list of available printers.
- If you don’t find the printer in the available devices list, then go to ‘+’ icon and select command to add printer or scanner. You can add the printer in more than one way. If the problem still persists then
- Restart Wi-Fi router or restart printer.
- Bring the Printer closer to the Wi-Fi router.
- Update the printer to the latest firmware version.
Reset printing system: If the issue continues, you need to reset the printing system on Mac. For this, go to ‘Print jobs and settings’ from ‘Preferences’ menu.
- Go to Apple Menu then on ‘System preferences’ followed by Printers and scanners.
- While pressing the control key from the keyboard, click anywhere in the list of devices.
- Tap ‘Reset printing system’ from the menu.
- From the Menu bar, Go to ‘Go to folder’ followed by ‘Library/printers’ and then go.
- The printer folder option will then open up. Click to Edit. This will select all items in the folder. You need to select the file with a folder that needs to be deleted or replaced with a new one. To save storage, you can delete the whole folder.