If you are facing problem in connecting the printer to the iPhone, then it can be due to an obsolete version of software installed, driver issue, and Bluetooth connectivity problem. All these problems can be resolved by applying the easy steps mentioned in the guide.
Are you facing problem in detecting the printer from the iPhone even after turning on the Bluetooth and the Wi-Fi? If yes, first check whether the AirPrint is enabled or not. In today’s topic, we are going to discuss why your iPhone can’t find the printer and what are the simple fixes to the problem?
Why your iPhone is not finding the printer?
The answer to this question is still uncertain but the major components that work in a combination to print something from the iPhone include:
- Wireless router.
If there is an issue with any of the above-mentioned components, then you will find a problem in printing the documents from iPhone. Follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below to fix the problem at the earliest.
Restart your iPhone, printer, and router
This is the simple and first step to troubleshoot the printing problem on iPhone. It fixes the simple and software-related glitches. To restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the power button and slide to power off. This will shut down the phone and after which you have to wait for some seconds. Press the same button again to start it.
- iPhone X or later version of iPhone users can use the side button and either volume button together to turn it off. Slide to turn off. It will display the apple logo when you turn it on and off.
- The process to restart the printer and router are a bit simple than that of the iPhone. Unplug these devices from the supply and wait for few seconds. Turn it on again.
Turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off and On
- Turning off the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi once occasionally fixes minor glitches related to software or hardware.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Wi-Fi’. To turn off the Wi-Fi, slide to left and then right. If the switch is white in color, it means the Wi-Fi is off.
- Click ‘Switch’ again to turn it on. You will find the Wi-Fi indicator now turn to green.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and search for ‘Bluetooth’. Just like before, tap the switch to the left to turn Bluetooth off. Wait for few seconds and turn it on again. This will turn the white light to green.
Update your iPhone
The iPhone and the printer must be up to date when printing anything from iPhone. Using obsolete versions of firmware may cause a number of issues.
Go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘General’. From here, search for ‘Software update’. Check if the update is available or not. Click ‘Download and install’.
Forget your printer from Bluetooth device
If you have connected your iPhone to the printer through Bluetooth technology, then it will save the data of the phone. If you have recently changed the connection from data to wireless, this may create a problem. To know, how to connect the device to the printer through Bluetooth, click on the respective link. You can pair your printer to the iPhone after entering the passkey.