The process of troubleshooting printer problem on Mac and iOS devices is cumbersome for those who are facing the problem for the maiden time. They can fix the problem only with the help of expert guidance or through on-screen instructions which are already given on iPad printer setup link. If you want to talk to experts, you can contact them at their toll-free number.
If you are getting problem in printing the files or documents from Mac, iPad or iPhone, then the below-mentioned steps will be proven helpful for you. The following symptoms may notice when you try to print from iOS devices.
- Don’t see the printer on the device.
- You will find a message ‘Printer software isn’t available’.
- Issues related to the software installed on Mac or iOS devices.
Is your printer AirPrint Enabled?
If your printer supports ‘AirPrint’ mode for printing, then make sure that both the devices are connected to the same home wireless network. If you are still getting the problem, try the below-mentioned solutions:
- Restart your wireless router and printer.
- Move printer closer to the wireless router.
- Update the printer firmware from the manufacture website after connecting it to the internet.
- Update the OS version of the Mac or iOS device.
- If you are still not able to print the documents from Mac, then contact the printer manufacturer for assistance.
The printer doesn’t support AirPrint mode
If the printer you are using and is connected to the Mac device doesn’t support AirPrint mode, then go through below-mentioned troubleshooting steps.
- Disconnect the cable from the printer which is connected to the Mac.
- Switch off the printer.
- Update the software version of Mac. The Mac will automatically download the latest software for your printer from the given link. There is no need to open a printer manufacturer website.
- Reconnect both the devices.
- Turn on the printer and wait for some time till it starts up.
- Go to ‘Apple menu’ and select ‘System preferences’. Go to ‘Printer and scanners’.
- Select your printer. If you don’t find the printer in the list, then add it manually by clicking on ‘+’ button. The new window will then get opened where stepwise instructions are given.
Reset printing system
If you are still facing the same printing issue, then remove the printer added on the device and stop all printing jobs currently running from ‘Printer and scanner preferences’.
- Go to Apple menu and select ‘Preferences’. Click on ‘Printers and scanners’.
- Press Ctrl key from keyboard and select the list of devices.
- Tap on ‘Reset printing system’.
Remove printer drivers
If the issue still continues even after performing the reset function, then the final step is to remove the drivers installed related to printer. These steps are not applicable to AirPrint enabled printers.
- From the menu bar, go to ‘Folder’ and enter ‘Library’ followed by ‘Go’.
- You will find the printer folder gets opened. Click ‘Edit’ followed by ‘Select all’. After this, select the items you have queued up for printing.
- Select a file, new folder and put all the items into this new folder after naming it.
If you still find the same issue, you can contact the printer manufacturer.